Bogan Law Group represents clients in Commercial and Residential Real Estate. Our attorneys are ready to help our clients maximize real estate opportunities, whether portfolio transactions or deals involving a single property. Our attorneys are well-versed in key areas, such as acquisitions, disposition, and sales, leasing, financing, zoning, land use, construction, tax appeals, partnership workouts, foreclosures, bankruptcies and condemnation.
Commercial Real Estate
Commercial real estate law governs real property – immovable property such as land, buildings and fixtures operated for profit. Commercial real estate includes any income-generating property such as offices, shopping malls, restaurants, industrial parks, retail stores, and factories. Commercial real estate transactions are regulated by both federal and state laws. Although commercial real estate investment may be very profitable, there is always an element of risk involved, such as non-payment of rent or depreciation of the value of the property. Confession of judgment clauses can also have serious consequences and should be understood thoroughly before entering into commercial real estate transactions.
Residential Real Estate
The sale or purchase of a home is one of the most important legal transactions to which you might ever be a party. Understanding the process and legal requirements is absolutely essential, especially to avoid future litigation. You can confer with one of our attorneys in advance of signing any legal documents which form part of the real estate transaction. Real estate agents may act as a seller’s agent, a buyer’s agent, or as a dual agent, representing both the seller and the buyer in a single transaction. Under state law, real estate agents must provide you with written consumer notice that details your relationship with them as well as other important notices.
Bogan Law Group attorneys bring a multifaceted perspective to each commercial and residential real estate opportunity and help to identify and address risks and develop practical strategies to meet clients’ needs in areas such as:
- Real Estate Investment Trusts – complex corporate and finance transactions for public and private REITs and other large commercial real estate.
- Acquisition and Development – acquisition and development of downtown office buildings and suburban office parks, corporate headquarter facilities, build-to-suit manufacturing, warehouse and distribution facilities and industrial parks, residential multifamily complexes, single-family residential subdivisions, mixed-use developments, retail developments, hotels, condominiums conversions, cooperatives, medical centers, assisted living communities, nursing homes and resort communities and wind/energy projects.
- Land Use and Zoning – helping property owners and developers to obtain necessary planning and zoning approvals and permits, including representing clients in appeals before municipal zoning boards and trial and appellate courts.
- Real Estate Leasing - representing landlords and tenants in a variety of leasing transactions, including build-to-suit leases, turnkey leases, tenant improvement allowance leases, subleases, office leases, retail leases, warehouse and industrial leases, and manufacturing facility leases. Leases carry a variety of business and legal risks, and sophisticated clients understand that a well-negotiated lease can save time and money. Many lease and sublease transactions require an assessment and allocation of costs, benefits and risks. We understand the need to negotiate and document the transaction quickly, while minimizing our client’s legal and business risks.
- Economic Development Incentives and Public/Private Projects - opening new facilities or relocating search for economic development incentives such as grants, low-interest loans, tax credits, tax exemptions, pooled financings and tax-exempt financing. Many complex projects, especially multi-use projects, also involve public/private joint ventures and operations. We are skilled at navigating through government bureaucracies and coordinating the requirements of government programs with the private-sector portion of joint projects.
- Real Estate Finance - representing financial institutions in real estate collateralized loans and helping clients to understand and assess available financial products and decide which financing methods best suit their business needs. Our experience includes traditional mortgage loans, mortgage securitization, off-balance sheet financings, interest rate swaps and other derivatives, bank syndications and bond market financings.
- Real Estate Taxation - representing property owners and real estate developers in the appeal of real estate tax assessments.
- Real Estate Litigation - experienced in all aspects of real estate litigation. Our experience includes issues of foreclosure/deficiency judgments, ownership disputes, easement and boundary disputes, and lease disputes, right of first refusal, buy-sell agreements, specific performance disputes, tax appeals, land use and zoning appeals, and eminent domain and condemnation matters.
- Condominiums and Cooperatives - representing unit owner associations and developers of condominiums and cooperatives. We serve developers by structuring condominium transactions and creating efficient and functional legal structures that satisfy the complex requirements of condominium law. We also advise numerous owners’ associations on matters of day-to-day condominium governance as well as issues involved in managing any large real estate project or business organization.